TOP TWENTY MUST-READS

12th October, 2013

MicahProfile20A dry spell has once again swept through this little oasis of a site, and I’m left wondering how time and a flurry of deadlines escaped me yet again. For the more discerning among you, I’m sure you noted that my incessant twittering has overcompensated for my lack of updates, but last sem’s college work has left me bereft of inspiration. Thankfully, rejuvenation came in the form of a new reading list to keep me occupied during the summer. I restocked my library with titles that might be considered nondescript by some on the merit that if it’s on the shelf, it must be worth reading, right? And it is true, some of these book covers might not even garner a second look if they were next to, say, the newest celebrity autobiography. For the sake of it, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

*UPDATE* And that concludes our Top 20! In the merry spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to thank you all for keeping up with the weekly updates and lending your encouragement for the past 20 weeks :) I’ve had a blast compiling this list for you, as I’m sure these under-the-radar authors enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame in having their creations recognised. Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone! Don’t forget to join the poll and comment your favourite Top-20 book of the series below.

Without further adieu, here is my Top 20 reading list:

Shoutout

Previous Next All
Latest on Fri, 11:20 pm

hotrod97: Nice to see you again micah! ^ w [...]

MProse: Glad to be back!

MProse: Hello!

Recent Comments

Visitor Count

copyright 2011-2014 // micah prose

powered by mprose

347 Comments

1. Happy holidays, Micah! Mistletoes and silver bells for you

• A solitary mistletoe where I will kiss my little doggy a merry christmas :3 Happy holidays, Joanna!

2. Merry christmas to the beautiful micah prose!

• Merry Christmas, David! We’ll revisit that compliment after I’ve had a plate of Christmas Turkey in me or twenty 😉 have a safe holiday and don’t forget to check out Dessert-ology pt 4 :)

3. Merry christmas micah! May all your dreams come true for 2014

• I really hope not all of my dreams come true, dear. Let’s keep the zombie invasions and vampire slaying to my subconscious, hmm?
      On a more serious note, I think I’ve already received much more than I expected out of 2013. There’s much that is yet to be done for 2014, but I find that the word “grateful” already falls short of expressing how I feel towards all of you, old friends and new that have come so graciously and serendipitously into my life and enriched it for the better. Thank you.

4. Nice work!

• Thank you, Constance! :)

5. Amazing work for 20weeks, the inspector general is amazing!

• I admit, that’s one of my favourites too :) Who doesn’t love George Costanza?

6. Ahhhh micah :) have a happy summer!

• Ahh, that depends on whether I wish to vacation to the tropics or not. I only see snowstorms and earmuffs for my immediate family. For our friends south of the equator, how is your “summer” going? :3

7. Can i please hug you? This is amazing! Have a great holiday 😉

• Most certainly! Hugs are totally welcome :3 Have a good one yourself. Take care, the flu seems to be a bigger threat than the yeti.

8. Great work with the twenty! Merry xmas!

• Thanks Aliessa! What are your plans for the holidays? I anticipate a whole weekend of sleep for yours truly, since cooking Christmas dinner is always an all-consuming exercise 😉 Do I hear Dessert-ology, anyone?

9. I LOVE SHAKESPEARE! Is that weird?? :3

• Not weird at all, I love that one 😉

10. Well, I think your Ghost Writer is absolutely smashing :)

• Do I hint a little bit of Nigel Thornberry there? :) fantastic, poppet!

Submit a Comment